Warm wax therapy is an innovative and hygienic treatment adored by pretty much anyone that tries it! Applying paraffin wax heat helps increase blood flow and relax muscles, improving pain as the blood rushes to affected areas and flushes out any toxins. It also intensely softens the skin. The wax used during this therapy contains essential oils that encourage moisturisation and have anti-inflammatory and antiseptic effects.
The oils contained are as follow:
- Bay Leaf
The above combination also leaves your skin looking, feeling and smelling beautiful!
Warm Wax Therapy Benefits
As stated above, heat therapy increases blood flow, pain tolerance, relaxes muscles and increases hydration. In addition to this, paraffin wax softens hardened skin and expands the skin elasticity, therefore improving mobility.
Furthermore, warm wax therapy moisturises feet while providing a therapeutic effect to sore and aching joints. This makes it particularly beneficial to individuals suffering from the following:
- Arthritis – A disease-causing pain and inflammation in the joints.
- Bursitis – A bursa is the fluid-filled sacs that cushion your joints; bursitis occurs when these become inflamed.
- Chilblains – These are small, itchy, red patches that can appear after spending several hours in the cold.
- Eczema and psoriasis – Both of these are skin conditions that cause red, flaky, crusty patches of skin.
- Scleroderma – This condition is more uncommon; however, it results in hard, thickened areas of skin and sometimes issues with internal organs and blood vessels.
- Bad circulation – SImply, lousy circulation is when blood flow is restricted to a particular part of your body.
Some other more common conditions warm wax therapy assists with are; inflammation, tendonitis, stiff joints, sport-related injuries and muscle spasms.
During Your Appointment
First, your feet will be exfoliated and submerged into a warm foot spa containing beneficial Epsom soaking salts, which promote stress relief, reduced pain and swelling.
Your podiatrist will then massage warm oil onto your feet.
Next, warm paraffin wax is brushed slowly on the skin. Using single, hygienic wax pods and a sterilised soft brush to apply the therapeutic wax, giving a luxurious and relaxing experience.
Finally, your feet are then encased in cling film and wrapped in warm towels. The wax is left to set; this usually takes around 10 minutes. It is then gently peeled off! At the end of your appointment, a luxury balm is massaged into your feet, leaving them soft and tranquil.